District Route Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Compile target list (personal targets as well as district and BU targets) in close cooperation with BU s Head of Sales and BUMs
* Share target list with overseas (integrate overseas targets) and handle list as a living documents
* All targets must be entered in CRM, as well as any updates. Monitor results on a monthly basis, using CRM as the supporting tool.
* Actively generate sales leads and communicate to overseas counterparts
* Participate in tender management process as sponsor by providing customer related information
* Assure successful customer implementation with operations and/or business units
* Provide input to Air and Ocean Procurement for product development
* Plan and carry out CSTs (Consignee Selling Trips) abroad when needed
* Receive and coordinate incoming CSTs
* Create local awareness of assigned trade lane through presentations, sales kits, cheat sheets, pricing links, etc.
* Educate local sales staff through joint calls
* Escalate pricing and market issues on target accounts to TLM (insufficient pricing, investment needed, etc.)
* Report on market information, competitor activities, product issues etc.
* Monitor results
* Functional know-how of air and ocean freight
* In-depth route knowledge
* Understanding of Panalpina strategy and products
* Market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers)
* Decision-making capabilities
* Good communication (verbal, written, listening and presentation) skills
* Strong network and relationship building capabilities
* Able to sell and close a sale by effectively negotiating with decision makers to maintain and expand business opportunities
* Ability to define problems, analyze facts and determine valid solutions to resolve the issues
* International mindset
Educational Background and Work Experience
* Higher educational level (business administration, economics, logistics)
* Work experience minimum 8 years
* Industry experience minimum 5 years
* Marketing & Sales experience minimum 3 years
* Fluent in English and preferably other languages
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer