District Safety Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking a District Safety Coordinator to join our world class team in Atlanta, GA.
We are looking for a person who has had some prior experience in working in the Occupational Safety & Health field, especially in Training, Inspections, and Regulatory Compliance, and is looking for an opportunity to grow within the safety profession. Reporting to the Regional Safety Manager, the Safety Coordinator will be responsible for supporting improvements in our Occupational Safety and Health Programs to enhance compliance and improve the OSH awareness and performance of our highly skilled workforce within a given geographical area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist the Regional Safety & Health Team with advancing and maintaining OSH programs, providing guidance to internal customers on potential improvements, and driving a Safety First culture
* Helps ensure that TKE branch offices receive information regarding safety policies and procedures, compliance with regulatory requirements, and corporate safety guidelines
* Will help support OSH performance improvement initiatives, standardized work processes and efficiencies throughout the area
* Support the OSH team with updating and developing safety and health programs and supporting procedures, and integrating those procedures into existing documents and procedures
* Assist in alignment and development of training modules for safety education and compliance training
* Assist with trend analysis, documentation, recordkeeping and other routine activities
* Schedule and follow-up on safety training requirements (OSHA and Corporate)
* Enters, tracks, and produces reports on injury and collision cases
* Conducts safety inspections at company facilities and jobsites, and produces reports and recommendations based on those findings
* Provide customer service for all employees with inquiries in the areas of safety to include, but not limited to; Workers' Compensation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Safety Policies and Procedures, Safety Training, etc
* Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Specific Job Duties
* Associate's Degree in Safety Management, Business Management, or similar applicable fields of study, and/or completion of related course work. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the Associates' Degree requirement. Prior work experience in occupational safety and health management is strongly preferred.
* Requires strong initiative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Solid understanding of safety principals and the ability to apply to the company's operations.
* Substantial working knowledge of applicable safety & health standards (OSHA Construction & General Industry Standards, ANSI, DOT, NFPA, etc.)
* Experience as a trainer (with appropriate credentials such as OSHA-500) is highly desirable.
* Experience is conducting accident investigations to root cause is required.
* Working knowledge of workers' compensation laws and practices is highly desirable.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific, building and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from employees and management.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and information, and deal with several issues at once.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Possess strong problem solving and people skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft computer software is a must.
* Position requires extensive travel within the USA (greater than 50%).
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted, and infrequently lift and/or move 41 - 80 pounds with lifting equipment or with assistance.
* Ability to don and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a variety of working environments
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
To learn more about ThyssenKrupp in North America, please visit our website: