District Safety Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe District Safety Lead is responsible for supporting District operations in ensuring a safe working environment for all associates while driving safety awareness and compliance.Job Duties:
* Conducts and assists in the investigation of all variable insurance claims such as worker's compensation, auto accidents and property damage
* Leads District Safety training, including responsibility that all hourly associates who drive have been trained in defensive driving techniques.
* Directs, leads and assists all district managers in safety and accident investigations
* Directs the replenishment of worn or missing safety equipment as necessary, including using discretion and good judgment to balance a judicious use of district finances with the provision of necessary safety equipment
* Works with regional and corporate loss prevention in the execution of company safety programs and standards
* Enforces company standards of safety procedures and requirements, drives process improvements, and assists technicians in complying with safety requirements and standards
* Writes safety articles for monthly newsletter and other company publications and otherwise leads associates in the vigilant observation of safety practices * Performs other duties as assigned
* Strong analytical skills, including ability to interpret raw data into meaningful information
* Experienced with spreadsheet applications (i.e., Excel and Access)
* Ability to work with business partners to provide needed reporting capabilities
* Proficient in computer systems and software applications
* Proficient in telephone etiquette skills
* Ability to work, with minimal supervision, productively and effectively when faced with stressful situations, including maintaining effective interactions with others
* Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management in a small group setting
* Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate that brings out the best in team members
* Ability to apply appropriate safety procedures and equipment to protect company and customer's assets
* Ability to apply appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (i.e., back belt, safety glasses)
* Acts with urgency to meet and resolve customers' needs
* Ability to read, write, and speak English. Must have good oral and written communication skills
* Previous assignments/exposure requiring knowledge of and adherence to EPA and OSHA guidelines preferred
* Experienced in a leadership or supervisory role preferredEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.