District Safety Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Advanced Disposal Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Responsible for managing all safety activities within the assigned district to include developing, implementing, coordinating, and promoting safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working practices and conditions. Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulator laws, as well as company rules and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Visit sites to conduct safety audits, inspections, and routine examinations of all work areas to promote safe working practices and conditions. Identify risks and hazards involved in division operations and recommend/implement appropriate procedures to limit occupational exposure.
* Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, and other regulations. Serve as a liaison between the division and local regulatory agencies.
* Coordinate division safety plan, programs and procedures. Ensure site leadership conducts regular safety meetings with employees and that all appropriate training records are maintained.
* Provide guidance and advice to the District Manager in all Safety related areas and collaborate with leadership to establish safety related goals and objectives.
* Coordinate and analyze accident investigations and accident reporting for the region.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Occupational Health and Safety)
* Thorough knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
* Minimum of 3+ years' related experience. Waste/Transportation Industry experience preferred.
* Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
* Travel required (30-40%).
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled