District Sales Engineer
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
This is a strategic role in the organization that will support SimplexGrinnell's goal of solutions-based selling. The primary function of this position is to assist in the growth of SimplexGrinnell's contracting business by providing technical/sales support to the field organization for large and /or integrated systems and developing comprehensive applications solutions and estimates for sales opportunities.
* Ensure proper application of systems products to meet customer requirements and provide value engineering solutions.
* Generate project cost estimates, quotes, and bids by generating RFI's, reviewing project specifications, and assisting in the selection of and coordination with subcontractors.
* Serve as the designated proposal group liaison.
* Review bid specifications with the operations team and obtain necessary management approvals on estimate costs (pricing to be handled by sales person).
* Coordinate booking requirements and obtain all necessary outstanding items.
* Update SalesForce.com with the latest bid/post-bid activities, sales call results, and scheduled next steps.
* Provide technical assistance to Business Operations and the SimplexGrinnell field organization at system start up ensuring proper understanding by the field office regarding systems intent.
* Assist in planning, setup, and support of product demonstrations, industry shows, and exhibitions.
* Assist with customer proposal presentations.
* Create installer bid packages and facilitate the request and collection of electrical contractor installation bids for turnkey work.
* Perform customer site surveys.
* Serve as the customer back-up for ESSRs and Project Managers.
* Develop AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) relationships.
* Support new sales representatives on various products and their application, Job Design, and bid market strategies.
* Serve as local product expert for new technology and applications.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 3 years proficiency in design, pricing, and implementation of all types of integrated systems projects.
* Knowledge of large project management, database connectivity, basic LAN protocols, and serial communications.
* Ability to occasionally travel to customer locations.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on SimplexGrinnell, please review our home page at: www.simplexgrinnell.com
SIMPLEXGRINNELL IS AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/D/V