District Sales Manager Heavy Equipment-Northwest U.S.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Doosan Infracore Construction
JOB DESCRIPTIONBuild Your Future with Bobcat and Doosan! We want people with...BIG goals, BOLD dreams and an INNOVATIVE spirit!
The District Sales Manager for Doosan Heavy Equipment (Northwest U.S. region) will develop and manage an independent dealer distribution network to facilitate and maximize the share and sales of products for the Company. Candidates should currently reside in the Northwest U.S. region (preferably in the Seattle/Portland area) in order to best serve the assigned territory. This position is home based but should be viewed as a traveling job with 50% or more travel time. Frequent, regular travel within the region or to other locations in the US is required.
* Develop and manage the sales to dealers annually.
* Manage day-to-day interest, plans and goals of the Company in the territory to meet or exceed the needs of the customer.
* Develop and maintain a dealer organization capable of delivering quality experiences at all its operation levels to customers.
* Develop a relationship with the dealer organization embodying mutual trust and respect, enabling the district sales manager to be in a position to influence the course of action of the dealer to the mutual benefit of the Company and the dealer.
* Protect and manage the financial resources of the Company and our dealers.
* Communicate the needs of the customers and dealers to the appropriate department within the Company who are responsible for follow-up action.
* Attain market share goals through product sales.
* Market and sell all available products.
* Develop annual district market and dealer plans that maximize on the market potential and realization of these plans.
* Conduct dealer training & promotion. Conduct/facilitate district sales training schools (new products and competitive).
* Ride with new sales specialists, orientating them to the Company and assist in securing retails.
Dealer Communication and Accountability
* Hold quarterly Sales/Action Plan meetings with core dealers.
* Present market share data and competitive trends.
* Review sales data and dealer action plans quarterly with dealer principal.
* Display assertive implementation of Action Plan items.
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Commercial marketing and territory management experience required
* Strong written and verbal communications
* Self-motivated due to home office arrangement
* Bachelor's Degree Required
* 7 to 10 years of experience commercial sales, marketing and territory management experience needed
* Travel time 50% or more
* Candidate should currently reside in the Northwest U.S. Region, preferably in the Seattle/Portland area, in order to best serve assigned territory
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you'll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.
Doosan is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms/agencies for this employment opportunity unless contracted with the Staffing Department. Agencies must work directly with Staffing as the primary point of contact and follow the Doosan application process to be considered for business. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Doosan via-email, the internet or directly to hiring managers at Doosan in any form without a valid written agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Doosan, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Doosan as a result of the referral or through other means. Note: Any agreement entered into with Doosan before September 2010 is null and void. Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Doosan and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. For this reason, Doosan has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.