District Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Manage all main aspects of Dole Food Company, for both Tropical and Banana Group Divisions, including but not limited to sales, marketing, and administration; responsible for generating over $50 million in revenue for Dole Fresh Fruit NA
Primary contact for Dole Food Company for internal and external parties, such as customers, consumers, revenue agencies, QPMA, DRC, etc.
Develop, manage and expend customer base within assigned territory.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Manage the sales territory while respecting every aspect of the budgetary framework.
* Provide leadership in management of day to day business affairs
* Develop innovative sales methods with a view towards increasing sales and strengthening brand identity
* Design sales strategies and clients performance metrics with a view towards increasing revenue
* Utilize knowledge driven tools, such as IT sales tracking programs, to anticipate and comprehend market and sale trends
* Play a pivotal role in customer contract negotiations for new business and upon renewal
* Sound management of accounts receivable and payable
* Staff management (1x) and continuous development, at both sales and administrative levels, with regards to Dole Food Company.
* Achievement of all performance-related objectives
* Identify and manage sales opportunities, including distribution strategies and product segmentation.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
* Strong organizational competency and multi-tasking capability geared towards increased productivity
* Marked ability to work in a team environment
* Proven leader communicator
* Experience with produce or within a produce environment
* Sharp and accurate analytical skills
* Distinct attention to detail; expert forecasting skills
* Result-Oriented; perspective geared towards going beyond objectives
* Enhanced cultural awareness with a high level of adaptability
* Functional Expertise
Requires expanded knowledge of the industry, markets and sales processes; broadens sales capabilities
* Business Acumen
Understanding of business, financials, products / services, needs / challenges of assigned accounts
* Problem Solving
Ability to adapt selling techniques and sales process to achieve sales; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
Supervisory responsibilities; Flexibility to set and negotiate terms within defined parameters; ability to plan own territory and account approach
Works within guidelines and policies to develop business with new and existing opportunities
* Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Anticipate customer needs and develops sales strategies to capitalize on opportunities
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Division Managers; Product Managers; Marketing Department; A/R Department; C-Level; Tax Compliance Department; HR; Port staff East and West Coast
External: Buyers / Category Managers; VP of Sales, Account Payables; Deloitte Accountant Reps; Marketing Department; 3rd party groups;
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
* This position is responsible for the supervision of one Administrative Assistant
* Ability to travel, be stationary for long periods of time, stoop, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs., drive a car, utilize standard office equipment including phone, computer, PDA, etc.
* Ability to travel nights / weekends as required for customer visits, trade shows, sales meetings, etc.
* Weekly / monthly visits to customers within driving distance
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.