District Sales Manager - SLED - Northeast Region - 8122 8/30/2016
Palo Alto Networks
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a member of the Palo Alto Networks sales leadership team you will report to the Vice President of Sales for the East Region. You will be responsible for building and driving the region SLED sales teams to exceed company objectives and grow the region according to plan. You will be responsible for managing the sales team on a day-to-day basis including- pipeline review.
* Hire and expand the region to scale with the company growth and objectives
* It is also expected that you will have a direct involvement and influence in all opportunities that exceed 6 figures, focusing sales efforts on large key accounts with the sales team
* Participate in quarterly review sessions with the key partners in the region
* Identify and sign appropriate Security Focused channel partners and ensure they are scheduled for training and become proficient in soliciting the Palo Alto solution
* Direct line management experience
* SLED experience along with a SLED network
* Extensive domestic travel is required
* Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling and managing sales teams in network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
* The qualified candidate must possess a deep understanding of how to build a region in a fast growing dynamic environment, leveraging the channel community and creating a culture within the region that supports the objectives of the Company
* BS degree or equivalent
* 10+ years of above quota sales experience, and 5 years of Sales Management experience, preferably within the east coast region
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
* Enterprise sales experience with and actionable rolodex of decision makers
* Superb organizational skills
* "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.