District Service Business Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join the recognized industry leading service team as a District Manager in Agilent's Services and Support Division. We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of running a multi-million dollar business. You will be responsible for fostering a high performance culture including focus on business' financial results including revenue growth and profitability, customers satisfaction and leading a large best in class team of Field Service Engineers supporting both Agilent and other OEM instrumentation. As a District Manager you also will manage an Operations Manager focused on delivery and performance of the team on installation, maintenance and repair services.
The scope of this role includes the development of the strategic vision for your District as well as the ability to successfully execute upon the strategy in a systematic and consistent manner to achieve the desired results. Our service business leaders must have strong organizational and operational leadership capabilities coupled with industry knowledge, creativity, strong communication skills, and customer centric focus.
Are you that rare individual that can both think strategically and drive team performance* This is an excellent opportunity to make a direct and impactful contribution to Agilent and our industry by driving competitive differentiation through customer and employee satisfaction and organizational efficiency.
Key Performance Metrics
* Customer Satisfaction
* Response Time
* Revenue Growth
This position includes focused responsibility for customer satisfaction, financials, people management, service delivery metrics, customer account reviews and business growth. This is an incentive based position.
* Management of a team of field service engineers and one Operations Manager.
* Development of Operation Manager and Team Leader to ensure KPIs and Operational Excellence of local service team.
* Drives and executes business strategy for revenue growth.
* Financial P&L accountability - proactively manages cost and drives savings opportunities and financial forecasting.
* Owns top customer relationships and leads account reviews. Delivery and creation of account reviews for specific key customer accounts.
* Works with sales and key internal contacts to develop strategies creation for specific key accounts.
* Sets visions for local team, involves key players and delivers.
* Responsible for talent development (technical and leadership).
* Created data driven district need plans for short term and long term resource requirements.
* Leader capable of thinking strategically as well tactical execution.
* Capable of developing and executing multi-year business plans.
* Ability to understand and make good business decisions and tradeoffs based on financials, customer needs and other business data.
* Ability to actively manage a P&L.
* Strong Customer Relationship skills and ability to work up and down the value chain.
* Strong Communication Skills - emails, teleconferences, meetings and one-on-ones.
* Relationship Builder - delighting customers, partnering with sales to drive growth.
* Ability to motivate and engage your employees.
* Ability to develop creative solutions to fit needs of team and customers.
* Proven track record of delivering results.
* Experience in developing talent.
* P&L management experience.
* Science degree in relevant discipline preferred.
* Management experience preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years support and/or sales experience in the pharmaceutical, environmental, clinical or science instrumentation fields.
* Bachelors Degree Required (strong preference for science related field).
* At least 3-5 years service management experience.
* Required soft skills: Ability to stay organized, good communication skills, engaging, motivational and ability to set vision and deliver.
* Strong Microsoft Outlook and Excel skills.
* Strong Powerpoint creation and presentation delivery skills.
* Ability to network internally and externally to improve delivery.
* Background in solid delivery of service KPIs.
* Strong (external) relationship building experience.
* Experiencing managing up and down the value chain at customer accounts.
* Experience managing a P&L.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.