This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 16161
Areas of Interest: Accounting; Finance
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .The Division Controller position is primarily responsible for the supervision of financial reporting and analysis of a division of the bank; provides financial and management information to division manager for decision and performance measurement purposes.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and analyzes division and department financial performance (trends and plan variances) to executive management, other divisional personnel, and finance; develops reports, identifying trends and analyzing variances, ensuring timely and accurate information flow to management.
- Coordinates the preparation and creation of the annual division/department/cost center budgets; forecasts the performance of each line of business within the division and any periodic forecasts required by executive management or corporate finance utilizing sophisticated financial models.
- Prepares financial analyses and cash flow reports to assist finance and executive management in making capital project and/or pricing decisions. Interprets financial data and makes oral presentations regarding the data to management, utilizing personal judgment.
- Serves in an advisory capacity and actively participates in the management team of the division to improve aspects of financial performance as it relates to the identification of revenue enhancement and/or cost reduction opportunities as well as projections of profitability impact of proposed management actions.
- Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as required by finance and executive management (e.g. cost accounting, special management reporting, benchmarking, and peer analysis).
- Coordinates and/or participates with Human Resources in the development, review, calculation and payouts of the various business line and department incentive plans.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive/in depth knowledge of accounting (both financial & managerial) and finance principles and practices
- Comprehensive/in depth knowledge of financial and management accounting and reporting methodologies employed in financial institutions, including management s application of business information in decision making processes
- Comprehensive/in depth knowledge of profitability analysis concepts and application, including those related to funds transfer pricing and cost accounting
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of bank application systems (loans, deposit, etc.) including customer level information
- Thorough knowledge of banking and bank operations
- General knowledge of accounting and reporting systems including financial databases
- Excellent knowledge of PC-based applications (databases, spreadsheets, word processors, utilities, operating systems)
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with 6-8 years work related experience with an additional 2-3 years direct supervisory responsibility in a financial institution.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.