Division Director, Division of Substance Abuse and Addiction Medicine (DSAAM) 8/27/2016
University of California - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIVISION DIRECTOR, DIVISION OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND ADDICTION MEDICINE (DSAAM)
* SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Psychiatry
Open date: August 26th, 2016
Last review date: October 15th, 2016
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled. Final date: February 26th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Division Director, Division of Substance Abuse and Addiction Medicine (DSAAM)
The UCSF Department of Psychiatry at Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) invites applications for the Director of the Division of Substance Abuse and Addiction Medicine (DSAAM). One of seven divisions in the Department of Psychiatry at ZSFG, DSAAM has a long history of providing innovative and effective clinical care for substance use disorders, teaching, and research. The successful candidate will provide administrative, clinical and academic leadership to the division. With funding primarily from the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF), the Director serves as the Principal Investigator on the Division s grants/contracts and is responsible for overseeing current programs, future strategic planning and negotiating contracts with CCSF and other funders. The successful candidate will also provide direct clinical care, including emergency coverage for DSAAM physicians; provide addiction consultations to other parts of the Department of Psychiatry; oversee teaching and training aspects of the Division; and oversee program evaluation and research in the Division, including obtaining additional funding through grant writing and other mechanisms. The Director also serves as a member of the Departmental Executive and Division Directors Committees and reports to the Vice-Chair of the Department of Psychiatry, UCSF and Chief of Psychiatry, ZSFG.
DSAAM includes several large clinics treating opioid use disorders and other substance use disorders. Its 600-patient Opiate Treatment Outpatient Program provides methadone maintenance and counseling at ZSFG and two mobile vans, as well as providing office-based methadone treatment connected with medical care clinics. Its buprenorphine induction clinic initiates community based patients to this medication and integrates their care with community primary or mental health care. The Stimulant Treatment Outpatient Program provides evidence-based counseling integrated with primary care. DSAAM is increasingly addressing issues of hepatitis C, medication adherence, and homelessness in its patient population. Students and multidisciplinary trainees learn now to provide compassionate care at ZSFG, which recently opened its new hospital and provides a rewarding and productive health care site.
Preference will be given to candidates with a history of demonstrated extramurally funded addiction research. We look for the leader to obtain support for continuing a limited research agenda. Other departments at ZSFG and the UCSF Department of Psychiatry offer significant collaboration opportunities. The Department of Psychiatry has a large portfolio of clinical translational addiction research at ZSFG, the San Francisco Veterans Administration and at Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute. The Department s NIH Training Grant, Drug Abuse Treatment and Services Research Training Program, has been training addiction researchers for over 25 years.
An interest in alcohol related research and treatment is particularly desirable. As one of the great county teaching hospitals that provides high-quality care for the poor and uninsured where alcohol use and abuse is a significant comorbid condition, ZSFG is critically important to the academic mission of UCSF and its pre-doctoral and post-doctoral education.
This is a full-time position and will likely be filled at the Associate to Full Professor level. Exceptional Assistant level candidates may also be considered. Salary will be commensurate with UCSF rank and step. The position will be open until filled.
* Physician with MD/PhD, MD or DO, board certified in Psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment
* Demonstrated skills in program/administrative leadership, clinical practice, teaching, and a commitment to advancing knowledge as a clinical/translational researcher
* Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse populations
* Candidates who have completed a fellowship in Substance Abuse or Addiction Psychiatry
* Possession of a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Addiction Psychiatry or American Society of Addiction Medicine certification
* Track record of independent extramural funding is strongly desired
* Provides leadership role in all aspects of the division; directs, organizes, plans, and evaluates the administrative and clinical operations of the Division
* Provides some direct patient care and addiction consultation to other Divisions in the Department and within ZSFG, and oversight of the programmatic, research and/or client evaluation activities of the DSAAM program directors
* Works closely with the existing research activities at ZSFG, UCSF, and other collaborative opportunities, such as community service delivery programs
* Serves as a member of the ZSFG Department of Psychiatry Executive and Division Director Committees
* Participates in psychology, psychiatry and medical student training programs at ZSFG
* Participates in departmental and/or university service
There are opportunities for direct teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in academically oriented clinical and research educational programs for medical students, residents, psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows in a variety of disciplines, as well as opportunities for patient care.
A competitive start up package is available to the successful candidate; however, applicants will be expected to compete successfully for extramural funding to support their research program.
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01068.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Francisco, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://main.hercjobs.org/jobs/8418758
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
* Create an ApplicantID
* Provide required information and documents
* If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now
Questions* Contact the hiring department
Already applied* Log in to your application
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement.
The University of California, San Francisco is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and