Division Director of Behavioral Health Education
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01380-7682
Days (rotating weekends)
The West Florida Division is seeking a dynamic leader to be responsible for developing a comprehensive clinical education program for West Florida Division Behavioral Health Services. This individual will be responsible for improving patient care processes and outcomes by supporting the development of a competent behavioral health clinical team as well as consulting with Division and Hospital Leaders, Medical Staff, and other Education Directors as a subject matter expert for evidence based care of behavioral health patients in the hospital setting.
* Executes a plan for education and competency development activities that support the transition from novice to expert in behavioral health patient care areas.
* Consults with Parallon Workforce Management Services for onboarding of behavioral health nurses from the West Florida Division STAR-N program.
* Aligns education and competency programs with standards established by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association and evidence based practice standards.
* Acts as a coach and mentor for preceptors, charge nurses and managers responsible for the care of behavioral health patients in the hospital setting.
* Supports nurses seeking and maintaining psychiatric behavioral health certification by leading coaching and education activities.
* Develops and delivers continuing education activities for nurses, techs, physicians, and other clinicians working with behavioral health patients in a clinical setting.
* Measures outcomes of education and competency development plans including patient experience scores, core measure performance, RN recruitment and retention, etc.
* LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATION:
* Current Florida RN License.
* Nursing certification in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing required
* EDUCATION: Master s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field.
* BLS provider
* Analytical and critical thinking abilities
* Effective written, oral and electronic communicator
* Manages multiple priorities effectively
* DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
* Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting
* WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
* Use of personal computer and software applications for long periods of time
* Position requires work from a shared office, hospital locations, and remote locations.
* 60% Travel required within the West Florida Division
Last Edited: 08/29/2016