Division Director of Critical Care Education
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01380-7680
Days (rotating weekends)
The West Florida Division is seeking a dynamic leader. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing a comprehensive clinical education program for West Florida Division Critical Care Services. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the improvement of patient care processes and outcomes by supporting the development of a competent critical care clinical team as well as consulting with Division and Hospital Leaders, Medical Staff, and other Education Directors as a subject matter expert for evidence based care of patients in the critical care setting.
* Executes a plan for education and competency development activities that support the transition from novice to expert in Critical Care patient care areas, including but not limited to ICU, CCU, CVICU, PCU, and ICU Step Down.
* Consults with Parallon Workforce Management Services for onboarding of nurses from the West Florida Division STAR-N program for critical care departments.
* Aligns education and competency programs with standards established by the American Association of critical care nursing and evidence based practice standards.
* Acts as a coach and mentor for critical care department preceptors, charge nurses and managers.
* Supports nurses seeking and maintaining critical care certification leading coaching and education activities.
* Develops and delivers continuing education activities for nurses, techs, physicians, and other clinicians working in the critical care setting.
* Measures outcomes of education and competency development plans including patient experience scores, core measure performance, RN recruitment and retention, etc.
* LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATION:
* Current Florida RN License.
* Critical care nursing certification required (CCRN or CCRN-K)
* EDUCATION: Master s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field.
* BLS and ACLS provider
* Analytical and critical thinking abilities
* Effective written, oral and electronic communicator
* Manages multiple priorities effectively
* DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
* Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting
* WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
* Use of personal computer and software applications for long periods of time
* Position requires work from a shared office, hospital locations, and remote locations.
* 60% Travel required within the West Florida Division
Last Edited: 08/29/2016