Division Director of Medical-Surgical Education
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01380-7681
Days (rotating weekends)
The West Florida Division is seeking a dynamic leader to be responsible for developing a comprehensive clinical education program for West Florida Division Medical-Surgical Services. This individual will be responsible for developing a comprehensive clinical education program for West Florida Division medical, surgical, orthopedic and oncology patient care areas. In addition, this individual will be responsible for improving patient care processes and outcomes by supporting the development of a competent clinical team as well as consulting with Division and Hospital Leaders, Medical Staff, and other Education Directors as a subject matter expert for evidence based care of medical, surgical, orthopedic and oncology patients in the hospital setting.
* Executes a plan for education and competency development activities that support the transition from novice to expert in medical, surgical, orthopedic and oncology patient care areas.
* Consults with Parallon Workforce Management Services for onboarding of nurses from the West Florida Division STAR-N program.
* Aligns education and competency programs with standards established by the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN), the National Association of Orthopedic Nurses (NAON), the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) and evidence based practice standards.
* Acts as a coach and mentor for preceptors, charge nurses and managers responsible for the care of medical, surgical, orthopedic and oncology patients in the hospital setting.
* Supports nurses seeking and maintaining medical, surgical, orthopedic, oncology or other related area by leading coaching and education activities.
* Develops and delivers continuing education activities for nurses, techs, physicians, and other clinicians working with medical, surgical, orthopedic and oncology patients in a clinical setting.
* Measures outcomes of education and competency development plans including patient experience scores, core measure performance, RN recruitment and retention, etc.
* LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATION:
* Current Florida RN License.
* Nursing certification in medical / surgical nursing, orthopedics, oncology or related field required
* EDUCATION: Master s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field.
* BLS provider
* Analytical and critical thinking abilities
* Effective written, oral and electronic communicator
* Manages multiple priorities effectively
* DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
* Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting
* WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
* Use of personal computer and software applications for long periods of time
* Position requires work from a shared office, hospital locations, and remote locations.
* 60% Travel required within the West Florida Division
Last Edited: 08/29/2016