Division President - Production Homebuilding
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benchmark Communities, LLC
At Benchmark Communities we believe it matters who builds your home. We are a homebuilder with footprints across the West Coast, Pacific Northwest and Southeast states. Designing and building homes is our passion -- exceeded only by our desire to have every one of our homeowners be thoroughly satisfied with their Benchmark home.
Our strength is our all-star team of homebuilding professionals who treat each moment in the development, design and building process as an opportunity to do better. Our "Everything Matters" approach to homebuilding begins with design input from real families. From there, we combine energy-efficient construction technology with top quality materials and the industry's finest craftsmen to create homes and neighborhoods that live as well as they look. The difference is something you'll notice right away and appreciate for years to come.
When you choose Benchmark Communities, you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your new home is backed by the strength and stability of our parent company, UCP -- a publicly traded community development leader. You'll also be privileged to our nationally ranked Customer Relations Team who is here to stay right along with you and your new home.
This position will oversee and manage all aspects of the division operations in order to ensure maximization of company profits including Land Development and Entitlement, Construction, Marketing, Sales, Balance Sheet, Budget, and Income Statement Management, Customer Experience, etc. In addition, the position provides leadership, direction and administration of all aspects of the division activities to ensure accomplishment of objectives.
* Maximize profits through establishing business plan, achieving forecasts, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Manage the division's profitability to ensure the achievement of targeted returns.
* Identify and research the various dynamics of the market as well as all potential land opportunities consistent with the Company and Division growth and land strategy.
* Lead the development of new product to meet market opportunities as well as financial objectives.
* Lead the sales and starts-to-close process to achieve all business plan objectives.
* Effectively recruit, hire and develop division and department managers.
* Coordinate short and long-range financial development and management of the division.
* Communicate with corporate office to achieve corporate goals as well as division goals.
* Ensure Division is in compliance with the Company's policies, procedures, and Corporate Compliance Program, as wells as with federal, state, and local regulations.
* Provide regular reports to the Corporate office regarding division activities.
* Overall responsibility for recruitment, hiring, staff development, work scheduling, evaluation, discipline, salary recommendations, terminations, and retention of division staff.
* Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional growth and development to keep current in latest issues related to industry.
* Maintain Division's positive reputation within the community.
* When necessary, attend hearings for proposed projects and meet with government officials.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* At least 15years production homebuilding experience and in a senior management role; should include: Finance, Sales, Construction, Land, or Purchasing, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of organization policies, procedure, systems, and objectives.
* Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
* Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
* Skill in planning, organizing, and supervising.
* Experience exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, problem-solving, and decision making.
* Ability to developing and maintaining effective relationships with management, staff, board of directors, policy-making bodies, banking personnel, and the public.
* Experience in complex negotiation.
* Ability to produce and implement sales and marketing programs.
* Skill in developing effective divisional policies and procedure.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to prepare comprehensive reports.