Division Vice President, Retail Logistics 8/13/2016
San Leandro, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, US Specialty Bakery and US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
We are currently seeking an executive to join us and take the pivotal role in leading a high performance DSD-focused organization. We offer a unique opportunity to the right candidate to become a key member of the intrapreneurial supply chain team. The Division Vice President, Retail Logistics will fully utilize his/her tactical and toolkits to develop and execute effective DSD and logistics strategies to grow ARYZTA s branded business over the long-term, resulting in sustainable increases in volume, revenues and profitability. The successful candidate will be provided with both the authority and support to see his/her vision for this critical component of the company s strategic plan through to a successful conclusion, significantly enhancing the company s ability to expand its direct-store-distribution nationwide. Your proven track record, clearly demonstrated business acumen, considerable business education and experience has prepared you well for the professional growth and career progression this opportunity offers.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)
Reporting to the VP, Logistics, the Division Vice President, Retail Logistics provides tactical and strategic leadership to the ARYZTA USA Supply Chain and Brand teams by supporting achievement of the company s brand objectives, in particular leading a nationwide DSD network. This leader develops and executes strategies that drive a nationwide DSD solution to optimize customer service, transportation, warehousing and inventory resources to meet company business requirements.
In particular, the individual will be responsible for:
* Developing a comprehensive go-to-market nationwide DSD network strategy designed to increase distribution for our branded foods in the retail, foodservice and convenience store channels.
* Identify inefficiencies within the logistics network and act as project lead to coordinate improvement of distribution activities among between consumer brand, Otis Spunkmeyer, and customer development organizations.
* Lead DSD provider negotiations including partnerships and other long-term distribution agreements.
* Perform network analysis of overall distribution system for current and future business and make recommendations to incorporate into DSD strategy.
* Direct DSD inventory control and planning to insure stock levels meet and exceed customer service and business requirements.
* Develops KPI performance benchmarks for the nationwide DSD network.
* Support branded sales initiatives and develop programs to increase customer value through DSD network
* Performance monitoring and reporting for DSD providers.
* Develop continuous move opportunities within the DSD, transportation of warehouse network.
* Develop pricing models for DSD partner programs.
* Year 1
* Develop a comprehensive nationwide DSD strategy in first 90 days.
* Implement nationwide DSD network with the first 180 days.
* Successfully launch Otis Spunkmeyer as a consumer brand via a nationwide DSD network within 1 year.
* Foster top-to-top relationships with key DSD partners
* Actively engaged as a senior leader of the US Supply Chain and Business Unit.
* Drive the overall brand and DSD strategy and long-term vision for growing consumer brands.7+ years of executive experience in high-performing organizations, including experience in DSD and logistics functions. 7+ years in progressive decision-making roles.
* Expert knowledge of DSD networks and its fundamental concepts, combined with an understanding of the roles of all departments and functions impacting the process.
* Demonstrated strong strategic thinking and agility that has translated into effective long and short-term logistics/business strategies and superior business performance.
* Business savvy, an ability to identify key business drivers and optimize for best results. The ideal candidate will have leveraged their business acumen in terms of anticipating business needs, developing useful support systems and making superior business decisions.
* Demonstrated understanding and management of large, complex customer organizations and multiple distribution channels.
* Ability to provide input to demand planning processes and brand plans.
* A proven creative thinker and a track record of delivering innovative customer business solutions.
* Advanced competency development in problem solving, business and opportunity analysis, and communication are key.
* A skilled communicator who can develop and manage effective communication networks to ensure that critical information is always provided to, and understood by, all internal and external business partners on a timely basis.
* Experience in building and presenting business cases in order to secure required executive approvals for critical tactical and strategic plan resources.
* Handles vaguely defined situations comfortably and with credibility.
* Understands and considers other peoples ideas; constructively resolves conflicts and collaboratively obtains buy-in from other team members
* Exhibits courage under fire and challenges the status quo to support superior business performance.
* Provides values based leadership, fostering integrity and trustworthiness.
Remote, , United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.