Divisional VP General Manager (Automotive) 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The position objective is to achieve the region's business goals consistent with the regional strategy and plans, by leading, operations/manufacturing activities. To ensure all operational and supply chain related financial objectives are met or exceeded. To create net value, build a competitive infrastructure, leveraging customer satisfaction through flawless quality, delivery, and synchronizing supply with demand and measuring performance within the region. To drive continuous improvement initiatives, including lean manufacturing and Six Sigma and leading the sites toward world-class status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage operation of the Company's manufacturing and operations functions in union and non-union environments.
* Manage and develop a strong and effective team. Provide leadership and direction to staff, ensuring clarity of assignments and coordination of activities.
* Work closely with the PLT leadership and cross functional teams on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations.
* Drive facilities to world-class status using Company's Production System.
* Analyze external competitive information and benchmark data to provide timely and insightful understanding of the market's trends and results.
* Identify potential necessary changes in present manufacturing and distribution strategies.
* Establish the global PLT direction of manufacturing (automation, footprint, sourcing), including developing short and long term plans and ensuring the proper measures are in place to track progress.
* Ensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality, delivery and responsiveness.
* Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on volume, product costs, and margins across all of the facilities.
* Review and analyze internal performance measures, anticipate potential negative trends in Company operations, and direct corrective actions when necessary.
* Initiate plans and actions as a change- agent and leader for lean manufacturing and continuous improvement and achieve measurable results.
* Manage all capital requirements in facilities and ensure equipment and tooling meets the required safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
* Oversee the investment of all tooling and equipment and ensures proper preventative maintenance (PM's) are established to protect the Company's investments.
* Lead supply chain management (includes purchasing) that results in improved cost-effectiveness, the ability to satisfy customer demand, to reduce frequency of management intervention in logistics, to improve trust and collaboration among supply chain partners, and to improve inventory visibility and the velocity of inventory movement.
* Direct all production control, production process development, qualitysystems, purchasing, and shipping/receiving activities.
* Works closely with Sales and Program Management to ensure the introduction to include cost, quality, and scheduling timelines for product delivery.
* Achieves requirements of Company Compliance policies at operating locations; cooperates and collaborates with Human Resources and Finance Departments.
* PLT (Product Line Team) leadership responsibilities.
* CapEx management.
* Capacity analysis.
* Quoting/Estimating support.
* Strong verbal communications skills, drive, energy level, and problem-solving abilities are critical.
* Effective written communication skills to include writing reports, letters, procedures, etc.
* Ability to develop new procedures and new processes for problems.
* Vision, plan, and drive to be a preferred employer in our chosen markets by building a culture that our people really want to work in.
* Ability to continuously improve production, quality and customer satisfaction over time.
* Ability to work across all disciplines and throughout all levels of the organization in a persuasive and credible manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* BS in Engineering (IE, ME, or related). MBA preferred.
* Flexible personality, easy to deal with and people oriented
* Excellent record of leading change in multi-site global growth environment.
* 15+ years of manufacturing experience in an engineering company with non-union and union workforce in U.S.A., Mexico and or other international locations.
* Minimum of 5 years leading Stamping manufacturing operations and experience managing overall Tool and Die capabilities.
* Certified manufacturing organization (e.g., ISO, TS, TUV) leadership experience required.
* Extensive Supply Chain Management experience using certified processes (i.e., APQC Process Classification Network)
* Experience implementing lean manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques is highly desired.
* Ability to work in a matrixed environment
* Experience interacting with non-manufacturing areas such as Sales, Marketing, Engineering, R&D, HR, and Finance.