- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
The Doctoral Coordinator has an essential role in ensuring the consistency and quality of the doctoral projects for students enrolled in the OTD program. The Coordinator will review all project proposals and help OTD students select their doctoral committee. The doctoral committee will include the coordinator, a content expert and the doctoral experience mentor. The Coordinator will organize the student s defense of their proposal, review IRB submissions when necessary and establish appropriate doctoral experiential goals in collaboration with the student and the committee.
They will work closely with the program AFWC in the selection of an appropriate mentor and site for the doctoral experiential component of the curriculum. The student will carry out the approved project while on his/her culminating experiential component. Essential to this position is the ability to be the conduit connecting the students to appropriate sites for the completion of their projects. They will be the person communicating with the site mentor, the program director, and the AFWC about the student s performance concerning their residency and their doctoral project.
* Promotes USA core values
* Facilitates the OTD program s outcome assessment process concerning the doctoral project and residency component of the OTD curriculum:
* Reviews all proposals for doctoral projects
* Facilitates consistency and quality of Doctoral Projects
* Organizes student s oral defense of their proposed project
* Collects feedback from the defense and works with the student to promote a successful written project submission for committee approval
* Establishes student goals for mentorship success in collaboration with the student and his/her committee
* Establishes experiential mentorships consistent with the proposed student project in conjunction with the AFWC
* Communicates with the mentor the supervisory and grading responsibilities
* Collects outcome data about this process, ie doctoral projects; mentorship grades; mentor feedback, etc
* Applies knowledge of current and potential professional, practice and legal issues and trends to promote the currency and quality of doctoral projects.
* Promotes teamwork with sites for conducting the doctoral projects, mentors, students, AFWCs, the PD and OTD faculty.
* Coordinates program activities related to doctoral project defenses and IRB submissions
* Demonstrates excellent communication, time management and organizational skills to OTD students, outside constituents, and other University Departments
* Complies with University policies and procedures.
* Assures effective doctoral experiences that meet the needs of OTD students, program goals and accreditation standards.
* Provides oversight and guidance to the students of the OTD Program to:
* Assure that students are adequately informed of University and Program matters in relation to the doctoral projects and experiential requirements.
* Advise students having personal difficulties or questions concerning policies and procedures for doctoral project completion and residency requirements
* Maintain knowledge of student progress and performance while on his/her doctoral experience
* Make recommendations concerning OTD students having difficulty with the completion of their doctoral projects or residency.
* Act as an intermediary between students, the mentor and the program
* Forecast and justify program budgetary needs for the doctoral project and residency component of the curriculum to the Program Director.
* Other responsibilities:
* Teaches 1 course, the Doctoral Project per trimester
* Conducts scholarly activities with expected publications
* Provides service to the profession and the community
* Participates in assigned committees
* Participates in marketing activities and other activities as a representative of the University
* Prepares annual self-evaluation
* Completes other duties as may be assigned.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, scholarship, service and administration in an institution of higher education
* Expertise in developing, managing and overseeing research and/or doctoral projects
* Knowledge of IRB requirements
* Exceptional communication, administrative and management skills
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies
* Demonstrated aptitude in the research process
* Five or more years of responsibility and expertise in teaching, preferably in higher education
* Terminal degree required, meets Assistant Professor rank (preferred)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Eligible for state practice license (if applicable)
* Valid driver s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.