Document Control Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
City of Atlanta
JOB DESCRIPTIONSalary range: $58,800 - $78,400
Close date: September 30, 2016
General Description - As a City of Atlanta employee, the Document Control Manager integrates document control into the current business processes by increasing the overall efficiency of the Document Control Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities - These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
* Ensures participants are aware of the document control capabilities while improving intra-team communications.
* Assists with reducing risks related to records management while working with leadership to improve retention compliance.
* Oversees the operation of the Streetcar Document Management Program to ensure effective document management and to reduce risks associated with this management process.
* Develops solutions and programs to better institutionalize records management practices for the entire Streetcar; manages the document management processes and procedures and increases the overall efficiency of the document control operations as part of the document integration process; works with software vendors to relay business requirements and evaluate potential software solutions.
* Supervises staff in accordance with established policies and procedures to include: delegation of work assignments/rotations, assuring employees are properly trained, and resource management; Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
* Works closely with other divisions to determine the best business processes for preserving record both manual and automatically.
* Works with the IT team internally to ensure that all outstanding issues are addressed to ensure the system operates efficiently for the entire work group.
* Communicates regularly with supervisors and managers regarding the operations of the Document Control Department.
Supervision Received - Reports directly to the Manager of Streetcar Services.
Supervisory Responsibilities - Has no direct reports. May provide guidance and/or oversight of other administrative staff as needed regarding document control.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
* Extensive knowledge of concepts, processes, and tools of document/records management; knowledge of relationship of professional disciplines among related organizations and functions.
* Basic computer and software (Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle, Crystal Reports & Image Tool) skills.
* Ability to apply experience and professional knowledge to carry out most assignments in professional area; ability to apply general knowledge across organization or discipline lines; proven ability to make improvements in processes and systems in a Quality Systems environment.
Minimum Qualification - Education & Experience - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a similar discipline (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis).
4 years' of work experience in Document Management/Control or related role.
Preferred Education & Experience - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a similar discipline (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis) and 4 years' of work experience in Document Management/Control or related role.
Licensures and Certifications - None
Essential Capabilities and Work Environments - Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Successful completion of a background check and physical is required.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.