This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
The Document Controller supports the Project Controls Manager in the scope of document control and related processes. The Document Controller will partner with the Client, Professional Team, Contractors and appropriate vendors to coordinate the proper establishment, review and update of the Project Directory required for the effective and full deployment. Throughout the course of the project, the Document Controller is responsible for establishing a system of monitoring and reporting for Document Controller scope. Consistent with the rest of the project team, a strong emphasis is placed on driving a globally consistent methodology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain current RFI and Submittal registry and tracks RFI through closure, communicating any changes or updates to appropriate stakeholders
* Tracks submittals through comment and approval, communicating any changes or updates to appropriate stakeholders
* Owns and maintains the project specific Document Control Worksheet capturing RFIs, submittals and associated responses / comments and approvals
* Reviews the final soft copies of documentation, reviewing completion and adherence to A/E comments. Ensures that all appropriate documents are posted to the required tool and provides assistance to vendor as needed.
* Track and validate approvals of Hard Copy documentation from appropriate stakeholders
Project Hard Copy and Support Documents
* Maintain current registry and tracking of all shop drawings, details, sequence of operations specific to any system or component
* Build the project specific Document Control Worksheet capturing locations of these support documents
* Reviews the final soft copies, reviewing completion and adherence to A/E comments. Ensures that all appropriate documents are posted to the required tool and provides assistance to vendor as needed.
* Manages turnover of Hard Copy documentation. Reviews hard copies for completion and adherence to A/E comments. Track and validate of approvals from appropriate stakeholders.
Closeout Submittals + Misc Documentation
* Maintain current document standards and policies, communicating any changes or updates to appropriate stakeholders
* Build the project specific Document Closeout Worksheet capturing closeout documentation required by client, including turnover documentation required by Ops.
* Build the Equipment Turnover Book that contains a directory of O&Ms, Warranties, Record Documents, and Training Videos for all major equipment
* Coordinate with stakeholders and collect closeout documents outside of the A/E or GC scope, as defined in the current requirements
* Populate the Equipment Turnover Book with hyperlinks to the O&Ms, Record Submittals, and Warranties for all major equipment. Also adds the start and end dates for the Warranties to the Equipment Turnover Book. Upon completion, this book is delivered to DC Ops with the project closeout documentation, in accordance to current requirements.
* Schedules and manages turnover and final acceptance documentation to Ops and assists as needed with filing in the facility library
* Provides status communication to the Project Controls projects team of all documentation workflows in scope
* Manages documentation portion of receipt process of attic stock & extra material inventory, listing quantities of all attic stock and extra material to be turned over in coordination with Ops PM and Cost Manager
* Ensures documentation checklists, registries, processes are compliant with client s data handling standards for business impact
* 8+ years experience in Document Control or Construction Information Management roles
* Bachelor's or Master s degree in a technical field desired
* PMP or related background a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Participate in E-Verify.