Document Controls Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
SUMMARY: Updates document control databases for recording and tracking, correspondence,
and implements document control policies and procedures. Process and update incoming and
outgoing invoices. Provide administrative assistance as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Log documents into tracking software in accordance with agency procedures.
File and retrieve logged documents.
Make additional copies of documents as directed.
Archive program design and construction documents.
Process and update incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Research, extract and compile data for reports and other documents.
Provide administrative assistance to Special Services Coordinator, Engineering Manager
and Sr. Management Analysts.
Support several highway field offices and their document control requirements.
Type correspondence, reports, memo and other written materials or documentation when required.
Route letters for approval.
Schedule meetings, contact participants, make arrangements for meeting facilities and prepare meeting materials.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
Assist other personnel, as required and other duties as may be required from time to time.
Daily oral and in-person communication with project staff.
Perform support functions such as photocopying and e-mailing.
Answer Department's main line and direct calls.
* Must be proficient in MS Word & Excel (including use of tables and columns). Must also be proficient in Access and Expedition.
* Interface skills with a variety of people and flexibility of duties a must.
* Must be independently motivated and able to work without detailed direction.
* Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Careful attention to detail and accuracy a must.
* Must be able to readily adapt to changing priorities and take direction from more than one staff member.
* Must be able to work as part of team.
* Must be sensitive to time deadlines and ensure that work is accomplished in the time frames required.
* Must be able to work consistently at a fast pace.
* Must be familiar with engineering/construction terminology.
* Must show initiative to excel.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Bachelor's Degree and four years of professional experience in document control, configuration management, data entry or engineering or High School diploma or equivalent with eight years of experience.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals