Document Imaging Technician (PRN/As-Needed)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25775-123852
Do you have a passion for health information management and helping others* Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment* Jump-start your career at Parallon and apply today to be a Document Imaging Technician II!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The HIM Document Imaging Technician II is responsible for efficiently and accurately prepping and/or indexing and quality checking documents from single or multiple hospitals into the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) document imaging system
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Prepping duties include:
* Meets with the HSC courier to receive and account for all totes/containers delivered.
* Unpacks all totes/containers; sorts and measures medical records according to established procedures.
* Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures
Indexing duties include:
* Indexes each medical record document in the HPF system
* Performs a paper document to PC screen validation to ensure that all documents associated with each record have been scanned
* General duties:
* Maintains or exceeds established quality and productivity standards.
* Participates at regular intervals in quality audits as designated by HSC and/or HIM Document Imaging Leadership.
* Communicates issues and any process barriers to leadership appropriately.
* Works effectively as part of a team atmosphere to perform duties and achieve daily operational goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Organization establishes course of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi task.
* Communication communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders.
* Critical Thinking - actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication as a guide to belief and action.
* Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Policies & Procedures articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps.
* PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications, and others as required.
* Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* 1 year of experience in an office environment preferred. Prior medical record experience strongly preferred.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
Last Edited: 08/26/2016