Document Imgaging Tech Mountain -PRN - As needed / Some Weekends 8/27/2016
Cottonwood Heights, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 25622-123913
Job Summary The HIM Document Imaging Technician II is responsible for efficiently and accurately prepping
and/or indexing and quality checking documents from single or multiple hospitals into the Horizon Patient Folder
(HPF) document imaging system.
Supervisor HIM Document Imaging Manager; Facility HIM Manager/Director if located in a facility based
Duties (included but not limited to):
Prepping duties include:
* Meets with the HSC courier to receive and account for all totes/containers delivered.
* Unpacks all totes/containers; sorts and measures medical records according to established
* Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures which includes,
but is not limited to:
o Remove staples.
o Repair tears.
o Remove duplicate copies.
o Identify electronically fed documents with no handwriting on them.
o Placing like forms in reverse chronological order.
o Ensure patient identifiers are present on all pages, including front and back.
o Ensure all documents belong to the same patient/account.
Indexing duties include:
* Indexes each medical record document in the HPF system which includes, but is not limited to:
o Verifies images are correct and legible.
o Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient.
o Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient account.
o Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate document type.
* Performs a paper document to PC screen validation to ensure that all documents associated with each record
have been scanned.
* Scans documents according to policies and procedures on an as needed basis, as directed by departmental
processes, the HIM Document Imaging Manager, or their designee.
* Assists with the boxing of scanned documents according to established procedures.
* Maintains or exceeds established quality standards.
* Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards.
* Participates at regular intervals in quality audits as designated by HSC and/or HIM Document Imaging
* Communicates issues and any process barriers to leadership appropriately.
6640 Carothers Pkwy | Franklin, TN 37067 | 855.478.7255 | parallon.com
Page 2 o f 3 5/1 1/2015
* Works effectively as part of a team atmosphere to perform duties and achieve daily operational goals.
* Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct philosophy and the Mission and Value Statement .
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Organization establishes courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively
prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi task.
* Communication communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders.
* Critical Thinking actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, or evaluating
information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or
communication as a guide to belief and action.
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect
by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Policies & Procedures articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps.
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications, and others as
* Quality Orientation accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing
concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of
* High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
* One year experience in an office environment preferred. Prior medical record experience strongly preferred.
Parallon = #ParallonBCOM
Last Edited: 01/12/2017