Document Manager / Technical Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) has an immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Document Manager / Technical Writer in support of the United States Geological Survey (USGS) Earth Resources Observation & Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD.
The LSDS Document Manager / Technical Writer is responsible for all phases of documentation development in support of Project activities. Responsibilities include researching documentation requirements, assisting technical staff with documentation development, interacting with internal and external parties to coordinate documentation development, performing research, and writing and editing documentation according to prescribed standards and guidelines.
* Work with Project staff to identify Project documentation requirements.
* Assist technical staff in documentation by instructing staff on use of standard documentation templates, style
guidelines, and compliance with USGS visual identification.
* Write, proof read, and edit all types of technical and programmatic documentation.
* Perform technical research to facilitate accurate documentation development.
* Ensure all formal documentation adheres to prescribed standards and guidelines, including USGS visual
* Interact with Configuration Management (CM) staff to coordinate documentation development and to assist with
tracking and controlling documentation changes through the appropriate configuration control board and CM
* Administer the Document Control process and Document Repository software.
* Perform special projects as identified by Management.
* Assist other Projects with documentation as necessary.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Adobe Acrobat is required.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are required.
* Experience with LaTeX document preparation system desired.
* Knowledge of the USGS Style Manual is a plus.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.