Doll Hair Stylist (Part-time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We're looking for dynamic individuals as Doll Hair Stylists who have the manual and interpersonal skills to deliver friendly and informative service, as well as, the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
* Approach, acknowledge and assist customers promptly.
* Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs, including special requests and resolving customer problems. Share product knowledge, answer questions and suggestive upsell other Doll Hair Salon services and complementary products. Share information on store events, promotions and activities with customers.
* Style doll hair according to company standards and demonstrate proper hair care and skin care techniques.
* Conduct inventory of salon supplies and stock salon area and communicate replenishment needs when needed.
* Participate in Doll Hair Salon events including Doll Hair Salon Spectaculars, hair demos, and private birthday parties.
* Collaborates with co-workers to create a positive work environment and assists in training new associates.
* A person of character and conviction who can be trusted, without fail, to deliver on promises
* Holds themselves, their teams and Mattel to a very high standard for open and honest work practices
* Is an stakeholder in Mattel s success, advocating on the company s behalf
* TEAM BUILDER
* Leads with a builder-mentality, ideating, recognizing and incorporating the best ideas from throughout their team
* Can effectively lead a team to consensus
* Team player who is magnetic, accessible and encourages multiple viewpoints on the path to the most effective solution
* Takes personal ownership for delivering and exceeding their commitments
* Holds self, team, and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results
* Embodies and fosters a play to win and win to grow mindset, even on the toughest projects
Experience, Education & Skills
* Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* Sales experience in the specialty retail or service industry, preferred.
* Experience styling hair, especially for dolls, preferred.
* Experience working with children, preferred.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer