Donor Relations Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Focuses on providing the highest level of customer service to key donors, prospects, alumni and volunteers of the Geisel School of Medicine and Dartmouth-Hitchcock; Coordinates cultivation and stewardship activities while acting as a donor focused hub between Leadership Initiatives and the Executive Leadership at Geisel & D-H, Advancement Services, Advancement Communications, and the Vice President s Office ensuring a timely, efficient, productive and positive donor experience.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills, demonstrated ability to use development systems effectively.
* Ability to navigate ambiguity and changing priorities.
* Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload and competing priorities.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and strong negotiation skills.
* Strong attention to detail and able to function independently with minimal oversight.
* Demonstrated ability to work with and to gain the respect of College officers, Development colleagues, faculty, and high-level donors.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Two years experience in fund-raising, academic medicine, or a related field (e.g. marketing, communications, systems, research).
* Demonstrated writing experience.
* Fundraising experience.
* Experience in a complex organization desirable.
* Experience with design software, communications, marketing, and/or social/new media desirable.
* Experience with Raisers Edge or similar advancement systems preferred.
* Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Richard C. Peck, Director of Leadership Initiatives and Gift Planning
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Donor Engagement, Coordination and Gift Development
* Represents the needs of the donors and fundraisers to a variety of external constituencies, coordinating resources and activities necessary to advance the philanthropic relationship between the donor and the institution(s).
* In tandem with field officers, coordinates ongoing cultivation and stewardship for key donors.
* Serves as liaison to the offices of the CEO of D-H and Dean of the Geisel School of Medicine related to gift acknowledgements, notes, prospect briefings, event briefings and the coordination of prospect activities.
* Serves as liaison to Stewardship Services in the development, management, implementation, and tracking of comprehensive stewardship plans.
* Works with fundraisers to ensure Next Action Steps are implemented and updated.
* Serves as liaison to Research and Prospect Management for research reports, presidential briefings, and prospect management (assignments, asks, contact reports, etc.) activities.
* Works independently and in conjunction with development communications in the writing and editing of donor gift proposals.
* Pushes out articles, Web links, books, event notices, donor solicitation materials, and other items of interest in line with the donor s philanthropic interests.
* Develops strategic itineraries for donor site visits. Coordinates a wide variety of donor/scholar meetings. Assists with coordination of remarks, biographies, and other event support materials.
* Assists field officers in coordination of donor activity throughout Development at Dartmouth College and its graduate schools, coordinating requests and exchanging information on shared projects.
* Contributes to donor-focused, team-based structures across division to support relationship development, prospect management, and effective communications. Develops keen understanding and articulation of institutional priorities in coordination with donor interests.
Planning and Administration
* Proactively explores opportunities to advance donors interests in the institution and its priorities.
* Proposes strategies for gift ideas, cultivation and stewardship activities.
* Develops and implements cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for individuals and their families.
* Explores options and develops proposals to respond to donors inquiries for proposed gifts that may not be targeted to an institutional priority.
* Serves as scribe at Leadership Initiative meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.