Drafter III (CAM - Contract) (Job #1336)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under minimal direction, responsible to complete all assigned drafting formats, numbering conventions and design standards in the preparation of mechanical, structural or electrical layouts and/or aircraft component designs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Facilitate new 2D drafting and designs in support of the modification or completion of high end VIP aircraft. Supports advanced STC projects.
2. Utilizing advanced knowledge, design and draft components, installations, fabrications, avionics and other drawing formats and engineering change notices.
3. Adhere to design and engineering standards to include verification of drafting completed and for those of junior level drafters.
4. Ensure completion of tasks within allotted time frame.
5. Ensure that work accomplished meets applicable customer specifications.
6. Participate with engineering and design teams to produce drawings, material from sketches and existing drawings along with written and verbal descriptions.
7. Main point of contact with internal and external resources to include vendors, regarding design/drafting issues.
8. Maintains open and active communication to ensure consistency with the drawings, taking on a leadership role to ensure fully compliance.
9. Ensure all work completed is in compliance with all current FAR's, the Comlux Aviation Repair Station and Quality Control Manual plus internal policies and procedures such as the Engineering Design Standards Manual.
10. Ensure junior level drafters are utilizing proper controls for engineering drawings and release to the DCS.
11. Help to develop and oversee the engineering design standards manual.
12. Help to develop and oversee the DRM; promote as a reference for drafters, designers etc in an effort to standardize drawings.
13. Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent. Technical training or advanced classes in drafting, engineering or equivalent is strongly preferred.
2. Strong knowledge of the Aviation/VIP completions business.
3. 6+ years experience as a Drafter/Designer or equivalent with the demonstrated ability to draft more complex drawings, take more ownership of projects, recommend continuous improvement opportunities and lead a team.
4. Experience with AutoCAD 2009 or newer version.
5. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
6. Possess valid US Passport and be willing to travel as needed when requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient working knowledge of 2D/3D drafting software.
2. Ability to perform highly complex mathematical functions as related to the job.
3. Strong knowledge of technical drafting skill, standards, practices, methods, symbols, nomenclature and engineering terms.
4. Must be able to properly utilize materials, reference books and catalogs as needed.
5. Strong knowledge of MS Office software and drafting software.
6. Ability to communicate openly, proactively and effectively.
The work environment described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The location where this position works is in an aircraft hangar/office environment which may be subject to weather changes, constant exposure to loud noise, potential contact with hazardous waste material and other safety hazards such as aircraft, steps, interior components: divans, chairs, other cabinets etc.