Drayage Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Drayage Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Drayage department and acts as a liaison for Drayage with customers, vendors. Facilitate any business needs in AR/AP and financial management of the business with the corporate finance group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Effectively on-board new customers including account set-up in the system and working with NFI credit.
* Maintain NFI Drayage TMS current with customer information.
* Streamline processes wherever possible (EDI, Web Services).
* Ensure NFI Drayage's back office processes are smooth, efficient, and effectively controlled (gathering needed documents, invoicing customers promptly and accurately, paying carriers promptly and accurately).
* Coordination and collaboration with other NFI Departments to ensure customer needs are met.
* Resolve process issues.
* Produce department reports.
* High School diploma required, BA or BS Degree preferred
* 2-5 years transportation industry experience preferred
* Lawson and Aljex experience preferred
* Proficient in using MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls
* Customer service philosophy and approach
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Market knowledge of truckload lanes and rates
* Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.