Dredging - Field Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
Weeks Marine Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
The Field Engineer provides surveying and procurement assistance ensuring dredging operations have reliable surveys and that procurement of supplies is done in a timely manner. Highlighted responsibilities for this position include:
* Provide dredge with accurate surveys and vessel positioning to ensure accurate production measurements and correct location of channel, as per contract
* Provide hydrographic surveys required for project monitoring and payment quantities
* Responsible for the care of and timely shipments of repair of all hydro survey equipment
* Maintain accurate documentation of survey activities
* Coordinate survey activities with the Project Engineer to meet schedule requirements
* Provide daily support of dredge procurement requirements
* Assist in the generation of daily reports and assembly and maintenance of proper job records
* Provide support in the maintenance of vehicle and equipment assigned to project
Successful candidates will have 2+ years of technical engineering /surveying training and 1+ year of construction surveying experience. College degree (preferred). Other skills and abilities include:
* Thorough knowledge and ability to use all surveying equipment and techniques
* Ability to accurately read contract drawings
* Ability to conduct earthwork volume computations
* Computer proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
In order to be considered for an interview, complete an on-line application by clicking the Apply Online link.
Weeks Marine Inc Group of Companies is an EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP by visiting the following link
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.