Drinking Water Plant Trainee
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Cherokee Nation Government Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an opening for Drinking Water Plant Trainee with our client in Orlando, FL, to assist with the operation and maintenance of a drinking water treatment facility. This work requires independent judgment and is performed under the general supervision of a designated supervisor. The job is physically demanding and takes place in hazardous conditions requiring close contact with different chemicals while wearing the appropriate safety equipment. Plants operate 24 hours 7 days a week and may require weekend work and shift work.
The ideal candidate will have already completed Drinking Water plant course I and II and need the working hours to sit for their "C" license test.
We will also accept candidates that already have their "C" Florida Drinking Water license.
• Participate in the analysis and troubleshooting of the operational problems using available data and follow the proper course of action to meet plant operating objectives
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on mixers, blowers, compressors, pumps, motors, and related equipment
• Collect process samples in accordance with approved protocol
• Maintain operational database and records
• Prepare reports and document situations as needed
• Operate and maintain chemical feed equipment
• Troubleshoot processes and equipment such as chemical feed units and various level control systems, hydraulics, and pneumatic equipment
• Provide operational control assistance for processes
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to work in a physically demanding and hazardous environment
• Ability to wear appropriate safety equipment while working with different chemicals
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards involved in treatment and disposal
• Valid Florida Driver's License
• Previous water or wastewater plant experience is a plus, though not required
• Flexibility to be available for any shift
• U.S. citizenship required and must have a clear background.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10533 online at www.cherokee-cngs.com
Cherokee Nation Government Solutions provides technical support services and project support personnel to our Government and industry partners. Our highly skilled experts support and supplement the mission, expertise, and skill sets of our clients. Utilizing our customer-intimate approach, we partner with our clients to provide strategic solutions that maximize the use of human and financial resources to ensure that mission-critical projects are completed on time and within budget.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, gender and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.