This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob summary
Responsible for the timely delivery of outbound orders to the Customer's location.
Summary of essential job functions
* Insures that the trailer's load is safely secured to the flatbed prior to departure from the warehouse & for the safe operation of the vehicle on the road & at the customer's site
* Drivers do not load or unload materials at the Customers site but may assist a loader by releasing chains on the flatbed, removing tarps, or securing a crane hook to a bundle
* Performs all other related duties as assigned
* Must have a CDL (Commercial Drivers License), an excellent driving record, including an acceptable MVR and SPS CSA score.
* Able to conduct daily inspections and to insure the safe operation of commercial motor vehicles.
* Expert skill in operating a tractor-trailer, knowledge of local truck routes, & skills resolving customer problems
* Some knowledge of product specifications is helpful
* Must pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam & are subject to random drug & alcohol testing
* A minimum of 2 years experience operating a commercial flatbed truck is required
* A High School Diploma is preferred
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related and warehouse duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.