Driver 3 (CDL-A)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site
* Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
* Local or long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
* Perform basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and make minor repairs.
* Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety.
* Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
* Accurately obtain require signatures on rental contracts, pick up and exchange forms.
* Demonstration of proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
* Perform other duties assigned by the manager or authorized personnel.
* Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
Definition of Class A Vehicle
Any combination of vehicles which has a gross combination weight rating or gross combination weight of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more) whichever is greater, inclusive of a towed unit(s) with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) whichever is greater
* Education High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
* Valid Driver s license with Class A CDL certification, DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
* Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines.
* Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing.
* Possess knowledge of and/or previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
* Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment preferred.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management.
* Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* 2 years experience preferred; with verifiable over-the-road experience operating combination commercial vehicles.
* Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
* Exhibit safe driving behavior / record instead of quality level record and maintain a Sunbelt quality level driving record.
* Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
* Exhibit professional defensive driving techniques to protect internal equipment and other drivers
* Possess a Can Do attitude and be willing to do what is necessary to exceed customer expectation.
* Must have sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle.
* Possess prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within rental industry, and working understanding of load securement and transport.