Driver - Class A/B Local
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou'll Find It With Us!
Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S.producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is currently seeking a Driver - Class A/B Local to join our San Francisco, CA, branch operations team.
***PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING A $2,500.00 SIGNING BONUS FOR THIS POSITION AT THIS LOCATION.***
Safely deliver atmospheric, flammable, and industrial gases and hard-good products to customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
* Must lead within the Airgas culture - putting safety first.
* Load and unload service truck daily with gas cylinders and supplies for scheduled route stops as directed by dispatcher; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling process.
* Make deliveries in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Nurture and maintain good customer service to promote company image; must be able to work well with internal and external customers.
* Perform non-route deliveries as necessary to provide customers with products.
* Prepare and maintain daily updated manifest in order to meet DOT requirements.
* Complete paperwork promptly and accurately and turn in to appropriate personnel.
* Prepare daily pre and post trip inspection reports.
* Perform routine maintenance checks on vehicles.
* Collect or pick up empty cylinders, containers, or rejected or unsold merchandise.
* Adhere to all Airgas safety rules and regulations by proactively participating in identifying any safety and/or health hazards while in the workplace; report any hazard(s) to management.
* Identify potential problems with cylinders and notifies supervisor in a timely manner.
* Comply with all Company policies, Federal, State, and Local laws regulating safe driving and the safe and proper delivery, handling, placarding, and loading of hazardous materials to meet DOT regulations.
* Maintain a safe driving record and appropriate driver's license classification while operating company vehicles/equipment.
* Collect money or checks from customers and record transactions on customers' receipts.
* Promptly turn in shipping tickets, checks, and/or cash to supervisor.
* Maintain regular and consistent communication from the road with dispatcher/supervisor.
* Attend company safety meetings.
* Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
* Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
* Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* DOT random drug and alcohol testing applies.
* Assist in the loading/unloading of trucks, pulling orders from warehouse, etc. as needed.
* Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels.
* Other duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Consistently demonstrate the ability to work safely.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a valid Class A or B CDL with Airbrake endorsement.
* Willing to obtain Hazmat endorsement within 30 days of hire.
* Minimum 1 year prior verifiable Class A driving experience.
* Ability to drive a commercial vehicle.
* Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
* Must have a clean and safe driving record and no at-fault accidents or serious moving violations within the past three (3) years.
* Able to submit a current 10-year DMV printout (no more than 30 days old which must not include any of the following convictions: driving under the influence, hit-and-run, or reckless driving in a commercial vehicle).
* Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations for Commercial Hazmat Drivers.
* Requires strong customer service orientation.
* Prior forklift driving experience a plus.
* Possess a team player attitude and ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Able to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Previous cylinder handling experience is desired.
* Must be flexible to adjust work schedules to meet operational requirements; may include weekend work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
* Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License.
* Valid Hazardous Materials Endorsement, MSHA.
* Tanker endorsement would be a plus.
* Current TSA Clearance.
* Forklift experience.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company's discretion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit, bend, stoop, and crouch while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms while operating a commercial vehicle and moving cylinders; walk, talk to, and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
The associate will routinely lift 25- 50 lbs and occasionally lift 51- 80 lbs. Associate will move frequently more than 200 lbs with the aid of material handling equipment. The associate will occasionally be required to climb, balance, push, pull, and kneel.
Will frequently work outdoors in inclement weather conditions with temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees. Specific visions abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employ