Driver Class A - GER01957
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Operate standard factory-equipped gasoline or diesel truck tractor with flatbed trailer up to stretch-out of 60 feet in length, or straight truck to deliver a variety of steel products and accessory items to local, over-the-road, or distant points. Follow standard or prescribed methods or procedures. Duties & Responsibilities
* Work requires considerable care to drive tractor/trailer vehicle in a correct and safe manner, in safety of load, and compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations.
* Make deliveries and/or pick-ups, operating from verbal or written instructions, invoices, bills of lading, shipping tickets, etc.
* Keep accurate and legible records such as Driver's Daily Timesheet, Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports, and Drivers Daily Log Book.
* Maintain polite, courteous, and diplomatic relations with either customers, receivers, or suppliers with whom contact is made.
* Count and check off delivered items with customers or receivers.
* Follow prescribed safety regulations and practices
* High School Diploma or GED
* Class A CDL
* Must have 2-5 years minimum experience working as a commercial driver
* Clear driving record
* Proof of safe work history
* Flatbed experience in the construction industry preferred
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the American with Disabilities Act or a similar law, an you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com