Driver - Container Delivery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Hope Mills, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Safely operate container delivery truck and ancillary equipment safely on an assigned route to service customers by delivering and removing solid waste dumpster containers in a safe and efficient manner. Deliver collected solid waste to disposal site.
* Operate container delivery truck and operate on-board hydraulic systems to deliver and remove solid waste dumpster containers.
* Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
* Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
* Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
* Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
* Must keep inventory on yard in an orderly manner
* Position containers at customer location to ensure potential hazards are minimized or eliminated.
* Ensure containers without lids are covered during transport.
* Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
* Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
* Possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
* One (1) year satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
* Satisfactory driving record.
* Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and background check
* Must pass Waste Industries written and road test evaluation
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.