Driver II Transport A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Ferrell North America, a Division of Ferrellgas, is a national leader in the propane industry. We manage the purchase and delivery of approximately one billion gallons of propane. We also purchase, trade, sell, store, and transport natural gas liquids and refinery feedstocks in conjunction with major oil companies, petrochemical manufacturers, gas processors, and other retail propane companies. We currently have a Transport Driver A opening in Opelika, AL.
Description: Under direction of an Area Product Coordinator this position is responsible for propane gas and/or other product delivery to Ferrellgas locations and area wholesale distributors in an efficient, punctual, and safe manner. We prefer 2+ years experience with Class A CDL, tanker and hazmat endorsements.
* Ensure the regional pickup and safe delivery of propane gas and/or other product as directed.
* Maintain preventive maintenance program for transport truck and trailer.
* Follow DOT requirements and company-safe driver guidelines while performing duties.
* Perform daily inspections as required by the DOT and Ferrell North America to ensure assigned equipment is in safe and compliant operating condition.
* Ensure all required paperwork (i.e. certifications, logs) is completed and in compliance with company and government regulations.
* Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
* Drivers stay out all week, and return home on the weekends.
* Valid Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement preferred.
* Two years tractor/trailer experience or one year experience after completion of truck driving school.
* Demonstrated communications, interpersonal, and teamwork skills necessary to work safely and effectively with customers and Ferrellgas employees.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to work maximum hours allowed under DOT hours of service regulations.
Keywords: CDL, Class A, hazmat, tanker, airbrake, tractor trailer, propane, LP, driver, deliver, route