Driver/Material Handler (Union) - Twinsburg, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Nexeo Solutions, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONNexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, and Asia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a private company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
Operates company owned or leased bulk or packaged trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations. Perform tasks safely and in a manner consistent with Nexeo Solutions procedures. Communicates information effectively to internal Nexeo Solutions and team members and external customers in a professional manner which contributes to servicing the customer and collaboration. Must be medically certified to operate a commercial motor vehicle per 49 CFR 390.5, except as provided in 391.67. Must be able to safely work with load securing devices.
* Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged goods.
* Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
* Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
* Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T, OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver s license (Class A) with Hazardous Material Endorsement.
* Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
* During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Nexeo Solutions team member if any discrepancies exist.
* Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
* May perform quality control functions (lab testing) as needed.
* Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
* Attend and participate in training meetings.
* Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the Business Responsibilities of a Nexeo Solutions employee.
* Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as needed.
* Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting 50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load rack as needed.
* Filling drums or totes on a roller line to meet Nexeo Solutions and customer specifications as needed. Ensure proper labeling of material as needed.
CUSTOMARY PHYSICAL DEMANDS / EFFORT:
* Must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time. (e.g. bagged material, drummed material on pallet jack).
Climbing or Balancing:
* Must frequently be able to ascend and descend ladder to vent bulk tanks, or access bulk loading area.
Walking / Running / Stooping / Kneeling / Crouching / Crawling:
* Must frequently be able to kneel or crouch to inspect vehicle.
Reaching / Handling / Fingering and or Feeling:
* Frequently must be able to position and connect hoses and detect secure and proper fittings for bulk loading and unloading. Must be able to input information into various machines following prescribed standards (e.g. blend formula, inventory tracking handheld device or personal computer).
Talking and or Hearing:
* Communicate information essential to accurate receipt and shipment of material to customers. Expresses ideas clearly and in a professional manner. Hear warning facility or warning signals to maintain safe clearing from moving vehicles (e.g. backing).
* Identify road signage and assess road conditions and discern implication for safe operation of vehicle. See and read documents and interpret instructions. Ability to see warning signals.
* Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as defined by 49 CFR 391.41
Customary Mental Functions:
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand and apply instructions in the English language.
* Must be able to understand and fully comply with all laws governing the trucking and warehousing industry. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations related to container quantities, blending, etc.)
Equipment Used (What / How Often):
* Information System: At Roads, People Net, Vehicle Types: Tractor trailer, tanker, straight truck, hybrid ,
* Hoses: 2-inch and 3-inch chemical galvanized caged hoses with carbon steel fittings. Hoses weigh approximately seven pounds per foot and vary from five to twenty foot lengths. Hoses used daily at an average of two hours per day. Pumps: Blackmer 3 -inch used an average of two hours per day.
* High school diploma or GED
* Possess the proper CDL with all applicable endorsements and clean driving record
* A minimum of 2 year driving experience in the last 3 years
* Experience loading and unloading shipments for delivery
* Experience with delivery to well sites a strong plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
* Forklift experience
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.