Driver-Route Class B 8/20/2016
Beaver Dam, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a
Class B Driver in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Class B Route Driver! Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
As a Driver your key responsibilities are:
Loading and unloading trucks, making deliveries, completing all shipping documents, following all applicable SOP's including DOT regulations, communicate with Branches concerning schedule changes, etc. Delivery Driver will also move cylinders and inventory with forklifts or carts, and report any unsafe conditions, perform vehicle inspections and maintain vehicle. Must be able to follow DOT regulations, have driving experience, Class B CDL with Hazmat and a clean driving record. Working condition is industrial setting and includes outdoor work in inclement weather.
* Upload, deliver and download safely to Airgas customers cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to the branch for refilling.
* Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Maintain appropriate drivers' license.
* Other duties as assigned
Successful candidate will:
* High School Diploma or GED is preferred
* Have a Class B Commercial Drivers license.
* Drivers License with Hazmat, (Or ability to obtain Hazmat after hired) with good driving record.
* Twelve months of driving experience in the last 4 years, or graduate of a Truck Driving School
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs, and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
* Ability to occasionally more, with a cart, cylinders up to 800 lbs.
* Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
* Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Minimum of 21 years of age per DOT regulations
* Must be able to operate in a Drug Free Workplace
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability