This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Perform duties to receive and verify incoming parts, materials, and supplies; maintain stock areas; prepare sales orders; pick up and deliver orders, stock, and supplies.
* Work from daily schedule, work orders, verbal and written instructions, using motor truck, hand and mobile lift equipment, simple hand and power tools, weighing scales, postage meters.
* Work from purchase orders, bills of lading, packing slips, sales orders, service center requests, written and verbal instructions. Receive and examine condition of deliveries; indicate acceptance or note discrepancies on bill of lading. Check and match packing slip with purchase order; count and verify; record and route copies as prescribed.
* Operate company vehicle to pick up and deliver parts, materials, supplies, equipment, mail as required. Sort assignments and arrange most efficient route. Load and unload vehicle as necessary in accordance with delivery routing and customer specifications. Verify all cartons and materials; record required information and obtain signatures as necessary. Notify supervision in case of delays, discrepancies, or deviations. Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance necessary to ensure proper vehicle performance. Operate vehicle in a safe manner observing rules and laws of the road. Maintain driving record in accordance with Company policy.
* Fill service center and/or customer orders from stock supply using predetermined shipping agent. Provide for handling of incomplete orders informing others of status.
* Detect and report faulty equipment, defective materials, improper operations, and unusual conditions to supervision. Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain stock and work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
* Remove trash, sweep floors, empty waste baskets, cut grass, remove snow, and perform other janitorial duties as conditions demand.
* Maintain inventory through accurate cycle counting as requested. Assist in counter sales, order pulling, answering phone or paperwork processing.
* Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
* 3+ months proven experience in warehouse, driving or customer service
* Basic math skills
* Work from purchase orders, bills of lading, shipping orders.
* Accuracy in counting, checking, recording.
* Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend and regular lifting of 50 lbs. or more.
* Basic computer skills
* Excellent written communication skills
* Good safety record, and work in a safe manner, follow safety guidelines
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid Drivers License and clean driving record is essential
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.