This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US:
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, 401(k), and a pension plan.
Function as a Driver/Warehouse Associate for Bergelectric Corp.; load, unload and transport materials while maintaining compliance with all Bergelectric Corp. policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Safely and efficiently load and unload materials; ensure all items are properly secured
* Transport materials from the prefabrication facility to the appropriate job sites over all terrains
* Perform pre-trip inspections of the vehicle
* Maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe fashion, which includes handling the vehicle on-site and in over-the-road situations, proper signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed, lane positioning, matching speeds to all possible road conditions
* Operate material handling equipment and industry related hand and power tools including but not limited to forklifts, hand trucks, etc.
Fully support and comply with all Bergelectric Corp. safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
Maintain compliance with all OSHA and customer-specific safety requirements.
* Organize material for storage within the warehouse and maintain accurate inventory.
* Coordinate with field personnel and schedule needed materials accordingly.
* Clean and maintains tools, equipment and work area.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 1 to 3 years of commercial driving, construction or warehouse experience
* Capable of becoming fork lift certified
* Demonstrate the ability to load/unload, secure load, obey highway traffic regulations, and deliver and materials in a timely manner as not to delay production on job sites
* Working knowledge of how to operate trucks and material handling equipment safely.
* Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Valid CDL and clean driving record.
* Experience utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
o Lift 100 lbs from ground and pull 100 lbs of force.
o Climb and work from ladders.
o Fully squat, stoop, kneel or reach for extended periods of time.
o Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions.
Working Environment: Work will be performed in a warehouse setting, operating a motor vehicle and at construction sites. The employee may be exposed to:
o Dirt, dust and grease
o Moderate to high noise levels
o A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
Warehouse Laborer, Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Technician, Shipping and Receiving, Shipping & Receiving, Construction Laborer, Construction Materials, Construction Supplies, Forklift Driver, Distribution Center, Machine Operations, CDL Driver, Prefabrication Worker, Prefabrication Laborer, Prefabrication Technician, Driver, Truck Driver, Construction Driver, Material Transport
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Bergelectric Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled /VEVRAA Contractor