This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Green Oaks, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONNow Hiring DRIVERS
We want YOU to join our TEAM - don\'t miss this OPPORTUNITY to start your career today!
MV Transportation is seeking Drivers, who will be responsible for safely operating a transit vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
* On-time passenger pick-up and delivery.
* Conducting pre and post trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
* Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
* Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office via two way radio.
* Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of emergency.
* Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize risk.
* Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must have a current and valid Driver's license with CDL B and passenger endorsement.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
* Ability to navigate the service area through use of maps, and knowledge of service area.
* Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service.
* Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
* Maintain a strong attendance record.
* Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures.
* Drug free work place.
* Paid Training!!
* Room for growth/advancement.
* Benefits package (after the qualification period).
We can put you on the road to a great career helping others!
Apply online at: careers.mvtransit.com
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.