This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNow Hiring DRIVERS
We want YOU to join our TEAM - Drive into a GREAT career with MV Transportation!!
MV Transportation is seeking Drivers. Successful applicant will be responsible for providing safe passenger transportation. Need to have a valid Class B driver's license with passenger endorsement and air brakes, a good driving record and good background. The applicant must be 23 years of age at the time of application submission.
Other responsibilities include:
* On-Time passenger pick-up and delivery.
* Proper documentation of activities.
* Conducting pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
* Successfully performing scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
* Ensuring the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on-board restraints.
* Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
* Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio.
* Adjusting to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
* Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
* Diffusing difficult situations and maintain order onboard vehicle.
* Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
* Accurately collecting and reconciling cash fares collected from customers.
* Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
* Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk of preventable and non-preventable accidents and/or passenger injuries.
* Protecting passengers and secure vehicle in the event of accident or injury and communicate effectively with dispatch and operations staff.
* Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must have a current CDL with \\"P\\" endorsement and airbrakes (must have Virginia CDL permit).
Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly. * Ability to navigate the service area through the use of maps and/or on-board directional equipment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
* Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
* Knowledge of service area. Primarily works on the road providing passenger transportation.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service.
* Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
* Ability to adhere to attendance policy.
* Long periods of sitting.
* Assisting passengers on and off vehicles.
* Loading, unloading and securing wheelchairs.
* The ability to lift 50 pounds.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.