This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Now Hiring DRIVERS
We want YOU to join our TEAM - Drive into a GREAT career with MV Transportation!!
MV Transportation is seeking Drivers. Successful applicant will be responsible for providing safe passenger transportation. Need to have a valid Class B driver's license with passenger endorsement and air brakes, a good driving record and good background. The applicant must be 23 years of age at the time of application submission.
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5pm
Location: 4970 Alliance Dr. Fairfax, VA 22030
Other responsibilities include:
* On-Time passenger pick-up and delivery.
* Proper documentation of activities.
* Conducting pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
* Successfully performing scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
* Ensuring the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on-board restraints.
* Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
* Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio.
* Adjusting to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
* Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
* Diffusing difficult situations and maintain order onboard vehicle.
* Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
* Accurately collecting and reconciling cash fares collected from customers.
* Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
* Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk of preventable and non-preventable accidents and/or passenger injuries.
* Protecting passengers and secure vehicle in the event of accident or injury and communicate effectively with dispatch and operations staff.
* Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must have a current CDL with \\"P\\" endorsement and airbrakes (must have Virginia CDL permit).
Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
Ability to navigate the service area through the use of maps and/or on-board directional equipment. * Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
* Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
* Knowledge of service area. Primarily works on the road providing passenger transportation.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service.
* Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
* Ability to adhere to attendance policy.
* Long periods of sitting.
* Assisting passengers on and off vehicles.
* Loading, unloading and securing wheelchairs.
* The ability to lift 50 pounds.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.