This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Now Hiring DRIVERS!
We want YOU to join our TEAM!!
We can put you on the road to a great career helping others!
MV Transportation is seeking safe and reliable drivers to provide efficient public transportation.
Walk in Applicants Welcome: Monday through Friday 8am - 3pm
Walk in Location Address: 3210 Citizen Ave, North Las Vegas
Can't stop by our office, apply online at: http://tinyurl.com/div222app
* We offer Paid Training
* We'll help you obtain your CDL Class B license
* Eligible for benefits package (after qualification period)
* Provide safe transportation and maintain on-time performance.
* Perform pre and post trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and equipment.
* Provide excellent customer service to passengers, including assisting with boarding and de-boarding, communicating pertinent information, and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
* Understanding of ADA compliance
* Communicate effectively with dispatch or central office via two way radio.
* Adjust to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger incidents, accidents and trip changes.
* Employ all techniques of defensive driving to minimize risk.
* Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
* Ability to navigate the service area through use of maps.
* Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
* Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
* Knowledge of the service area.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service.
* Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
* Candidates must be 21 years of age or over
* Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License or permit, with passenger endorsements, and a valid Medical Examination Card when on duty.
* Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook
* Maintain a strong attendance record.
* Maintain a good rapport with the general public.
* Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures.
* Write reports in a coherent, legible manner.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.