This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Now Hiring DRIVERS!!
We want YOU to join our TEAM - don\'t miss this opportunity to start your new career with MV Transportation!
Competitive Wages and Benefits!
MV Transportation is currently seeking safe, reliable Drivers to provide safe/on-time transportation within our community.
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
Location: 8101 Cinder Bed Rd, Lorton, VA 22079
Can\'t stop by** Please apply online at: careers.mvtransit.com
* On-Time passenger pick-up and delivery.
* Proper documentation of activities.
* Conducting pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
* Successfully performing scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
* Ensuring the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on-board restraints.
* Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
* Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio.
* Adjusting to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
* Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and deboarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
* Diffusing difficult situations and maintain order onboard vehicle.
* Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
* Accurately collecting and reconciling cash fares collected from customers.
* Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
* Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk of preventable and non-preventable accidents and/or passenger injuries.
* Protecting passengers and secure vehicle in the event of accident or injury and communicate effectively with dispatch and operations staff.
* Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a valid Class B Driver's license with passenger endorsement and air brakes.
* Must have a good driving record and background.
* Applicant must be 23 years of age at the time of application submission.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
* Ability to navigate the service area through the use of maps and/or on-board directional equipment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
* Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
* Knowledge of service area. Primarily works on the road providing passenger transportation.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service.
* Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
* Ability to adhere to attendance policy.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.