This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Now Hiring DRIVERS!!
DRIVE INTO A GREAT NEW CAREER WITH MV TRANSPORTATION!!
We want YOU to join our team!! Many opportunities for GROWTH and ADVANCEMNT!
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a transit motor vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
(Training may be provided for those not meeting the aforementioned criteria).
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME!
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm
Location: 2050 Villanova Drive, Reno, NV 89502
Can\'t stop by* Please apply online at careers.mvtransit.com
* On-Time passenger pick-up and delivery.
* Proper documentation of activities.
* Conducting pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
* Successfully performing scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
* Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
* Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio.
* Adjusting to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
* Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and deboarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of emergency.
* Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
* Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
* Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk.
* Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* Candidates must be 21 years of age or over.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Maintain a strong attendance record.
* Class B with passenger and air brake endorsements preferred, but not required.
* Safely operate a passenger transportation vehicle.
* Maintain a good rapport with the general public.
* Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures. Write reports in coherent, legible manner.
* Other functions related to the position may be assigned.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.