- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Now Hiring Experienced A/B Commercial Drivers and Entry Level Drivers (Paid Training)
We want YOU to join our TEAM - don\'t miss this opportunity to start your new career today!
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a transit motor vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME!
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
234 South I Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410
Can\'t stop by* Please apply at careers.mvtransit.com
* Safely transport passengers.
* Loading and unloading of passengers on vehicles.
* Transporting of passengers, including those that are either senior citizens, or persons with disabilities.
* Properly using the four point securement of wheelchairs and scooters.
* Radio communication of transport details with dispatch.
* Escorting passengers to/from vehicle at pickup locations.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and DOT Physical.
* Must be 21 or older.
* Must have one (1) year of driving experience. (Have driver's license for two (2) years)
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a C class license; preferably possess a CDL of any class w/ Passenger endorsement & VTT or a CDL permit with Passenger endorsement. (PAID TRAINING to obtain permit/endorsements)
* Able to read a map and a strong knowledge of the San Bernardino county area.
* Possess excellent communication and decision-making skills.
* Ability to adhere to attendance policy.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience working with people with disabilities a plus.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service, and to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
We will provide training to those individuals who do not have a CDL.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.