This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
We want YOU to join our TEAM!
Now Hiring Drivers! Experienced and Entry Level! Paid Training!
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a transit motor vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
* Loading and unloading of passengers on vehicles.
* Transporting of passengers that are either senior citizens, or persons with disabilities.
* Four point securement of wheelchairs and scooters.
* Escorting passengers to/from first portal of locations.
* Radio communication of transport details with dispatch.
* Conduct pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
* Successfully perform scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
* Ensuring the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on-board restraints
* Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift
* Communicate effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio
* Adjust to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes
* Provide excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and deboarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of emergency.
* Diffuse difficult situations and maintain order onboard vehicle.
* Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
* Accurately collect and reconcile cash fares collected from customers.
* Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
* Employ all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk of preventable and non-preventable accidents and/or passenger injuries.
* Protect passengers and secure vehicle in the event of accident or injury and communicate effectively with dispatch and operations staff
* Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* Attendance according to local policy.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Previous professional driving experience preferred but not required.
* Previous customer service experience, experience working with persons with disabilities and/or senior citizen groups preferred but not required.
* Safe driving record and clean criminal history.
* Possess excellent communication and decision-making skills.
* Excellent attendance record.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
* Ability to navigate the service area through the use of maps and/or on-board directional equipment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
* Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
* Knowledge of service area.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.