Dynamics Test Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
National Technical Systems
Santa Clarita, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NTS JOB OPPORTUNITIES
"At NTS we believe our success comes from enduring, value-added relationships with our clients and our employees. We believe that the utilization of best practices delivered by a motivated and prepared workforce will allow us to provide awesome customer service and achieve the financial success all of our stakeholders deserve. "
NTS is constantly looking for the best technical talent for positions at our offices and laboratories located throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. The NTS culture is one that treats each employee as a key part of the puzzle that makes us who we are.
Start today! Use our Job Search feature below to review current openings and submit your resume today. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to speaking with you!
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through the NTS Jobs Opportunities page, please email us. No other requests will be acknowledged. EEO M/F/D/V
JOB OPENING - DYNAMICS TEST TECHNICIAN
Reference ID: SCDTT2016
Title: Dynamics Test Technician
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Position Type: Permanent
NTS in Santa Clarita, CA is seeking a Dynamics Technician, responsible for the setup and performance of vibration and shock tests utilizing modern test equipment. This individual will also be responsible for troubleshooting test setups, interfacing with customers, and supporting fellow team members in accomplishing daily tasks. Additionally, interfacing with Program Managers and proactively working to maintain a proper workflow through the department will be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Setup and performance of Vibration Tests / Troubleshooting of test set ups
* Data collection utilizing vibration control systems, thermocouples and accelerators
* Analysis and verification of test setups, test levels and requirements
* Electrical set ups
* Documentation of test results
* Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test, and DMV and background check
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* 3 years experience in operating electrodynamics vibration systems OR we will consider someone with a strong mechanical aptitude (i.e., from a machine shop, mechanic, etc. background) OR we will consider a recent BSME graduate with coursework in Dynamics, CFD, FEA with a strong mechanical aptitude who is willing to work as a hands-on test technician in a lab environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to use various electronics (i.e. volt meter), Vibration control and data acquistion systems
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel) required
* Familiar with MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160, Aerospace testing preferred
* Abilitiy to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
* Excellent people skills, a strong team player and willing to adapt as necessary
* Strong attention to detail
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V