EASTERN US HSE MANAGER - Dayton, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SGS is the world s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification SGS. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Eastern US HSE Manager reports to the HSE Director, SGS, United States. This role is responsible for the overall management and direction of Health, Safety and Environment within the confines of the Mid-West Area for the nine businesses SGS operates in the US. This critical role understands the interworking relationship between safety and productivity, profits, associate engagement and retention. As an area leader, the Mid-Western US HSE Manager sets the overall HSE vision of excellence and ensures overall SGS HSE programs are vital and relevant
HSE Director SGS United States
* Ensure the maintenance of continuous audit ready state of compliance with SGS and governmental HSE Standards.
* Responsible for the development, deployment of all SGS HSE Standards as they specifically apply to the Mid-Western US.
* Keeps up to date with any relevant changes to health and safety legislation
* Ensures communication of safety alerts, legislation updates and safety management system changes to all staff
* Carries out audits to report on status of Policy compliance
* Ensures all shipments of hazardous materials and wastes are in done in compliance with DOT regulations.
* Develop and deploy HSE Strategies, Programs and Plans to position the Mid-Western US as a best in class organization
* Delivers training and coaching to establish clear understanding for all relevant employees on HSE expectations.
* Leads the effective implementation and utilization of risk assessment and risk prediction processes and drives for appropriate mitigation measures to lower associate risk. Ensures effective communication and understanding by all affected associates.
* Ensures investigation of all HSE related incidents utilizing specific tools to drive to root cause and identify actions to prevent recurrence. Drives completion of recognized corrective actions to prevent incident recurrence are effectively implemented, this includes execution of corrective actions developed from other SGS incidents.
* Collaborates with Occupation Health and Wellness Management team to ensure effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired.
* Serves as the Mid-Western US level HSE technical expert, providing technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function including capital project review and risks management associated with non-capital modifications.
* Supports the SGS Global Security Program by implementing standards and best practices
* Bachelor s degree (or higher degree) in science (ex. engineering, chemistry, safety, IH, etc.) preferred
* 7-10 years experience in implementing safety, environmental and/or industrial hygiene programs in an operational arena.
* Demonstrated leadership in driving a program/system of safety or environmental in an enterprise environment.
* Strong safety regulatory knowledge and expertise, required including EPA, MSHA, OSHA and DOT
* Experience with hazard recognition, behavioral-based safety, job hazard analysis and root cause analysis desired
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to build trust, respect and confidentiality.
* Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls.
* Managing multiple HSE programs;
* Providing training, consultation and advice on various health, safety, and environmental issues;
* Working with regulatory agencies;
* Developing and implementing programs;
* Implementing programs, policies, and procedures;
* Working with multiple administrative and functional areas;
* Interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
* Responding to and resolving complex health, safety, and environmental questions and concerns;
* Working with management;
* PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
* Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.